5 Benefits Of Regular Oil Changes on Guam | Delta Tire & Lube Guam
Getting regular oil changes is the absolute easiest thing you can do to extend the life of your car and save yourself from the inconvenience of breakdowns and repairs. As part of routine maintenance, oil changes are essential to keep your vehicle running smoothly and efficiently. At Delta Tire & Lube, this is a simple, in-and-out service where we will not only change your oil, but inspect and replace your air filter, belts and hoses, check your vehicle’s fluid levels and tire pressure, and much more. We’ll also look for signs of abnormal wear and tear and give you trustworthy advice, without pressuring you into paying for anything you don’t actually need.
Most mechanics will tell you that it’s a good idea to change the oil in your vehicle every 3,000 miles or every three months-whichever comes first. But, based on your driving habits, new engine technologies and high performance oil, a 5,000 schedule might suit you best. Whether you’ve got a brand new ride or yours is still going strong after 200k miles, an oil change on a regular basis will have benefits that both you and your vehicle can appreciate:
1. Better engine performance: Oil changes help keep the internal moving parts of your engine clean and lubricated, allowing for a smoother, quieter ride.
2. Keeps dirt and debris from building up: Old oil will have a certain amount of debris and junk in it, which can damage parts of your engine, especially if your drive in dirty or dusty conditions. Changing the oil and the filters will help to keep these nasty little particles out of your engine, and protect your engine’s vital components from their harm. The higher the quality of oil, the cleaner your engine will be.
3. Better MPG: Who would say no to better gas mileage? By improving lubrication, new, clean oil reduces friction that can slow down your engine and have you visiting the pump more often. Get an oil change and your wallet will thank you!
4. Less harmful emissions: Older cars and trucks sometimes burn old, dirty oil, causing an excess of noxious engine emissions. Fresh oil is less likely to burn and better able to absorb particles, making your vehicle pollute much less.
5. Extended engine life: Your vehicle will last much longer on the road if you get the oil changed regularly. Keeping the oil clean and fresh is the best way to lubricate and protect your engine, keeping critical parts free from harmful debris, boosting performance and guarding against the most common causes for engine wear and breakdown. To save you time, money and headaches, regular oil changes are a great investment for the entire life of your ride.